The Tompkins Cortland Community College women's basketball team is heading back to the NJCAA Region III playoffs, earning the #6 seed and an opening round game against #3 Fulton-Montgomery Community College on Tuesday in Johnstown. The winner will advance to the regional semifinal on Saturday, with the championship game scheduled for Sunday, March 3.
The Panthers ended the regular season with a Region III mark of 9-9. Tompkins Cortland and Fulton-Montgomery played in the fall, with the Raiders posting a 65-55 win in Johnstown.
This marks the second consecutive year the Panthers have been invited to the NJCAA postseason, and the third time in the last four seasons. This is the first time since 2001-02 and 2002-03 that the program has gone to the NJCAA tournament in back-to-back seasons.
2019 NJCAA Region III, Division III Women's Basketball Tournament Seedings
1) Onondaga Community College
2) North Country Community College
3) Fulton-Montgomery Community College
4) Jefferson Community College
5) Hudson Valley Community College
6) Tompkins Cortland Community College
7) Corning Community College
8) Herkimer College